What a GREAT way to entice your kids to get more Vit C in their diet! In a form that they will thoroughly enjoy!
I use organic oranges from the Thorpe’s organic farm on Rt 78 in Strykersville. They have a citrus grove in Florida. (thorpesorganicfamilyfarm.com). Their oranges are so sweet, juicy and delicious and they make great juice!
Vitamin C is necessary because, among other things, it:
- supports a strong immune system
- reduces histamine levels
- helps in wound healing
- promotes eye health
- helps control free radicals
- supports the adrenal glands
You will need a very inexpensive juicer such as the one shown here:
- 1½ cups orange juice, fresh squeezed if possible
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin (Bernard Jensen’s)
- 8 drops Stevia
- 1 tablespoon Vitamin C powder
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Pour orange juice into a small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over the top and let sit for a few minutes until the gelatin blooms (all the white powder should be gone and it will swell up and start to look bumpy).
- Heat the juice and gelatin over medium heat. Whisk in the Stevia, Vitamin C powder (I use Perque. This brand is 100% L-ascorbate, fully-reduced and corn free…you do not want to use a synthetic Vit C as in ascorbic acid), vanilla extract and salt. Heat only until the gelatin is dissolved; do not boil.
- Pour into molds or a loaf pan and let cool in the refrigerator until firm; about 3-4 hours.
- Store in the refrigerator- they will last 2-3 weeks.